The instructions below will guide students through the process of transferring to Southeast New Mexico College from another academic institution. If you have never attended another academic institution, you will need to refer to the First-Time College Student page.
You will need to perform the following tasks:
- Apply to submit an online application (Note: this account is for Admissions only)
After you have submitted your application it usually takes about 24 hours until you receive a phone call and email from your processor with your next steps. For reference view the SENMC student checklist .
Official transcripts must come directly from the institution where you obtained your diploma. If the document is delivered to us from anyone, other than the institution, it is not considered an official transcript.
Processing of financial aid takes around 4-6 weeks.
To complete a financial aid application visit: https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
SENMC School CODE: 043006
Note: You may be asked to provide a variety of information. Click here for tips that may help you successfully complete the form. To check the status of your financial aid application, please contact email@example.com
To schedule an appointment with your assigned advisor, visit: Advising. If you have questions call the Student Services office at (575) 234-9225, or visit the SENMC campus at 1500 University Drive (Room 111), Carlsbad, NM 88220.
Check your account balance in the SENMC student portal and ensure that your financial aid is complete. You may pay tuition and fees by mail, phone, in person, or online at my.senmc.edu (Student Portal) . Stop by the Business Office in room 108 to inquire about the payment plan option or call (575) 234-9200
Your SENMC Admissions advisor will contact you regarding Welcome and Orientation, to help you prepare for the upcoming semester
- Sign up for Peer Mentoring through the First Year Experience Office at senmc.edu/fye/peermentoring.
- Purchase your textbooks through the Campus Bookstore, room 105, or online at bookstore.senmc.edu.
- Sign up for a workshop on how to use Canvas, used for online, hybrid, and in-person courses. Contact the Learning Technology Center or visit senmc.edu/ltc .
- If applicable, request academic accommodations. Go to https://senmc.edu/student-services/student-accessibility-services/index.html for more information.
Payment Due Dates and Options
Payment is due in full by September 15 for the fall semester, February 15 for the spring semester, and June 15 for the summer session. Those who wish to utilize the payment plan option will be charged a fee of $10 to accounts not paid in full by the 15th of each month during the term.