Transfer, Career & Internship
If you seek advice on exploring career paths, connecting with employers or finding a job, SENMC will go the extra mile to provide students with the necessary tools at no cost.
Consider participating in our Apprenticeship Program, where students can work with employers that can accommodate your academic schedule. Typically, these positions range from 10 to 20 hours of work per week aimed towards your field of study.
Dual/Joint Degree Programs
Dual/Joint Degree programs at Southeast Community College (SENMC) are designed to provide our students with an associate degree that is equivalent to the first two years of a bachelor's degree at a specific four-year college.
Southeast New Mexico College welcomes transfer students seeking a place to grow and develop their skillsets making our community part of the solution.
Requirements for admission as a transfer student include the following:
- Apply for admission. For an online application click here or request a paper form from the Student Services Office.
- Request official transcripts of high school or GED and all previous college coursework. All official transcripts should be mailed directly by the school or college registrar to:
ATTN: Admissions Office
1500 University Drive
Carlsbad, NM 88220
- Take placement tests in certain Math, English, and Reading. The test may be waived for students who have taken the ACT within the last year, are transferring in Math, Reading, or English courses, or pursuing vocational programs.
- Meet with an advisor in the Counseling and Student Development Center before registering to receive assistance with choice or major, course information, degree plans, and proper course selection.
- Enter registration information via the my.senmc.edu student portal and pay, or make arrangements to pay, applicable tuition and fees in the Business Office.
University Transfer Partners
Designed to provide a smooth transfer, check out which colleges have formal agreements with SENMC.
Fall & Spring
Mon-Thur: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm