By enrolling in Southeast New Mexico College’s Dual Credit Program, high school students can get a jump start and earn elective credits that contribute to both their high school graduation requirements and their college credit hours. Dual credit students do not pay for tuition or textbooks during the fall and spring semesters. However, they are responsible for classroom fees.
To be eligible for SENMC's Dual Credit Program, you must:
- high school junior or senior with a 2.0 or higher cumulative GPA. Sophomores and students with lower GPAs may be considered on a case by case basis.
- be enrolled in Artesia, Carlsbad, Loving, and Jefferson Montessori Schools.
- maintain a high school GPA of at least 2.0.
- maintain an average of at least 2.0 in your dual credit courses.
- must have permission from both parents/guardians and high school.
Financial aid and/or scholarships are not available to dual credit students.