Our peer mentoring program mission is to advocate for all student success and ensure that all students meet and achieve their goals. Our mentoring program was designed to enhance students experience and ensure all of our students have the same opportunities and support. Our Peer Mentors help enhance and guide students to overcome challenges and achieve academic and personal success.
Peer Mentoring Goals:
- An opportunity for peer mentors to enhance their leadership skills and cultivate relationships with their college peers.
- Develop individualized learning that promotes self-efficacy and leadership skills.
- Create awareness and opportunities that can expand the education of mentees.
Need a Mentor?
Sign up for the Peer Mentoring program:
Fill out this form (click here) and someone will contact you.
- 8-Hour Peer Mentoring Online Training/Workshops
- Weekly meetings with Mentee (In person, via text, phone calls, emails)
- Two semester-long mentoring relationship
- Participate in campus events and workshops
- Meeting documentation
Requirements to become a Peer Mentor
- Attend SENMC for at least 1 semester
- 2.5 GPA or above
- Has not been in academic probation
- Be interested in working one-on-one with incoming students, first-year students, first-generation students
- Be willing to adhere to all policies and procedures
- Be dependable and consistent in making and keeping time commitments with mentees and program staff.
- Complete all mentoring screening processes
- Gain Leadership skills
- Develop your network
- Become more engaged and involved with the college and community
- Encourage students to define academic goals
- Establish a plan for their academic goals
- Refer students to school and community resource
Send us your resume
Title IV, Asender Activity Director
Phone: 575-234-9241 (temporarily unavailable)