Phlebotomy and CNA Training
The Phlebotomy and Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) courses will prepare you for the workforce. Upon completion, and meeting requirements, you will be able to enter into the field of healthcare. Please call (575) 234-9222 to register, or email email@example.com for more information.
Phlebotomy Technician (Certificate of Achievement)
- Jobs: Phlebotomy Technician, Clinical Laboratory Assistant
- Salary: $35,000
- Program length: One semester (5 months)
- No pre-requisites
- Hands-on training on campus and clinical training at labs throughout Eddy County
- Prepares you to sit for the ASCP Certification Exam
- Move on to Associate’s degree programs in Medical Laboratory Technician
NA115 – Phlebotomy Technician Course
1. What days/times are the course? When are clinical rotations?
The first 8 weeks of the semester are on campus Wednesdays from 2pm-5:30pm and Fridays 1pm-5pm. The second eight weeks of the semester are clinical rotations at Artesia General, Carlsbad Medical Center, and Tricore Labs in Carlsbad. Your assignments will be provided during week 5. Clinical rotations can be anytime between 5am-9pm Monday through Friday.
You will have approximately 12 hours of clinical rotations per week for 8 weeks. Clinical rotations are supervised. You will perform venipunctures on patients but always with the assistance of phlebotomists at the facility.
2. What other documentation do I have to provide?
Clinical Clearance Instructions
The following documents must be completed and submitted to your instructor no later than the 4th week of class. These are required to complete clinical rotations.Please note the estimated cost for the physical and immunizations and background check are in addition to tuition.
- Health Record Form
- Physician’s documented immunization record (Can be completed by nurse practitioner in Student Health Clinic on campus. Cost for physical is $10; TB test is $20)
- Copy of Driver’s License
- Copy of Health Insurance Card
- Background check with fingerprinting ( Cost: $73.30; Background form provided during first week of class)
- Required: Current CPR Certification American Heart Association BLS for healthcare providers. If you need to become certified or renew your certification, a one-day class will be offered on campus in August. More details to come.
Complete Clinical Clearance Documents and Instructions
3. Do I need anything else for Clinical Rotations?
- Solid colored Scrubs (no prints)
- Name Tag (provided by SENMC)
- Reliable transportation
Certified Nursing Assistant
- Salary: $28,000
- 6-credit, 13-day course with on campus labs, online coursework, and three days of clinical rotations at a long-term care facility
- Eligible to become Certified after course completion; certification exams held on campus several times throughout the year through Prometric
- Training prepares you for taking care of patients in a variety of healthcare settings including acute-care, long-term care, and home health
- No prerequisites
- Valuable work experience to advance into nursing and medical assisting programs
How long does it take to complete this course?
6-credit, 3-week course includes clinical rotation at long-term care facility
What are the benefits of taking these courses?
- Eligible to become Certified after course completion; certification exams held on SENMC Campus several times throughout the year
- Workforce ready in a high-demand field
- Training prepares students to gain employment in hands-on healthcare for patients in a variety of healthcare settings including acute-care, long-term care, and home health
What are the course requirements: No prerequisites are required
- Reliable transportation
- Solid-colored scrubs
- Stethoscope, BP cuff and gait belt (~$25)
- Textbook: Mosby’s Textbook for Nursing Assistants, 10th edition
- Clinical Skills Access Card