The Mathematics Department of Southeast New Mexico College provides core education in mathematics and statistics that prepares undergraduate students to be knowledgeable and responsible citizens of the world. We do this by supporting research and teaching, with a commitment to preparing students for success in college math courses.
Developmental Math Courses:
- CCDM 105N: Mathematics Preparation and Pre-Algebra
- CCDM 114N: Algebra Skills
- MATH 1130G: Survey of Mathematics
- MATH 1134: Fundamentals of Elementary Mathematics I
- MATH 1215: Intermediate Algebra
- MATH 1220G: College Algebra
- MATH 1250G: Trigonometry and Pre-Calculus
- MATH 1350G: Intro to Statistics
- MATH 1430G: Applications of Calculus I
- MATH 1511G: Calculus and Analytic Geometry I
- MATH 1521G: Calculus and Analytic Geometry II
- MATH 2134G: Fundamentals of Elementary Mathematics II
Math Placement Exam:
In order to maximize student success in mathematics courses, SENMC has placement guidelines in all mathematics courses. This means that you must establish that you meet the stated prerequisite in any mathematics course for which you enroll. This page will help you determine what courses you are currently eligible to take and how to change your current placement level.
Initial placement is done from a combination of Math ACT (ACTM) and high school grade point average. An SAT math score may be substituted for an ACT math score. The combination of ACTM and GPA determines your Math Placement Level (MPL).
If you do not have an ACT score, then you will be placed into CCDM 105N.
| Ms. April Addington, MSE
| Dr. Pradip Aryal
| Dr. Eduardo Chappa
| Dr. Yaxi Zhao
| Ms. Diana S. Huston
| Mrs. Stacy Verdin
| Ms. April D. Addington
Chair, Mathematics Department
Phone: (575) 234-9423