Greetings and welcome/bienvenido to the Southeast New Mexico College (SENMC) Testing Center web page! This is where SENMC provides students with the resources necessary for them to fulfill their educational potential so that they may help meet the needs of their community as well-trained, well-educated, and productive citizens. In addition, the Testing Center strives to provide quality proctored testing services to external and internal college students and community. SENMC staff do their best to follow and continue to develop on the objectives and procedures listed below:
- To provide a positive atmosphere where candidates may receive helpful, friendly, and encouraging assistance.
- To support and reinforce instructors’ classroom teaching.
- To continually assess and improve Testing Center Services.
- To provide proctored assessment opportunities and services.
- Assisting students and the community in registering for the tests needed to further their educational and career goals.
- Providing proctored exam opportunities for SENMC students and external students to include placement testing, high school equivalency testing and course examinations for the faculty of multiple campuses.
- Providing proctored exam opportunities for the community to include entrance exams for the SENMC Nursing Program also known as HESI (i.e., Health Education Systems, Inc.).
- Providing a safe, clean environment for other companies to proctor exams for students and the community.
Testing Center Procedures
- A photo ID is required every time a student arrives for testing. No exceptions will be made, and no student will be permitted to test without proper identification.
- All personal items must be placed in a locker, left in the vehicle, or in an area away from the testing workstations. This includes cell phones, wallets, keys, smart watches, or any other internet connected devices, etc. Cell phones must be turned off before they are put away.
- Only after showing proper ID and signing in at both Administrators Testing Desk and the Testing Center will a student be allowed into the Testing Center.
- The proctor will provide students with all necessary testing materials, students are only permitted to use materials listed by the instructor. We will follow the instructors’ directives Calculators, pencils, erasers, and scratch paper are provided to students by the Testing Center.
- Students working on paper tests are not permitted to utilize the computers, unless otherwise directed by their instructor.
- The student is not allowed to access any programs or sites other than those opened by the proctor.
- The proctor should be alerted if any pop-ups or messages appear on the screen, do not exit out of pop-ups or close messages without first consulting the proctor.
- Students must be careful not to hit the lighted red button on the front of the workstation, above the mouse, as it will cause the computer to power down.
- Upon completion of the test, the student would log out of the program in use but do not log off the computer or shut it down. Ask the proctors any questions you may have about properly exiting the testing room prior to beginning the exam.
- All notes, scratch paper, and other testing materials must be given to the proctor upon completion; students are not permitted to keep any of these items.
- The student is responsible for arriving at the Testing Center with enough time to complete their exam. The posted hours indicate when the building closes, all testing will cease at this time. Tests are to be completed in one sitting so students may not return to finish a test if they run out of time.
- SENMC is an equal-opportunity institution. For disability accommodation, please contact: Accessibility Department at 575-234-9321, email@example.com
- If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact the Testing Center Coordinator at 575-234-9322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Thank you for your interest in the SENMC Testing Center!
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
Fall & Spring
Mon-Thur: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
1:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Friday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Mon-Thur: 7:00 am - 12:00 pm
1:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Closed Friday (during summer only)